May 2019 Back to Top
Given today's ever-changing threat environment, preparing for and training employees to cope with active threats and workplace violence should be a key piece of an organization's emergency action plan.
A Unique Training Opportunity
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency is hosting a one-day Security Workshop to enhance awareness of, and response to, an active shooter event:
- Educating participants on the history of active shooter events;
- Describing common behavior, conditions, and situations associated with active shooters; and
- Fostering communication between critical infrastructure owners and operators and local emergency response teams. This course includes discussions of interoperability, communications protocols, and best practices for planning, preparedness, and response.
Building Emergency Planning Capabilities
The event will also describe how to incorporate key elements of successful incident management into planning efforts including:
- Communication and Incident Planning for employees;
- Emergency Action Plan Development;
- Recognizing Behavioral Indicators; and
- Coordinating with First Responders.
Who should Participate?
This event is open to:
- Corporate and facility security professionals from the private and public sectors;
- Supervisory first responders;
- Human Resource managers;
- Law Enforcement;
- Community Response officials;
- Homeland security representatives
View complete agenda here: Agenda
This program is complimentary.
June 2019 Back to Top
Calling all golfers - and anyone else who enjoys a summer day in the sun!The Illinois Security Professionals Association and the Special Agents Association are hosting a joint Golf Classic this year on Tuesday, June 4, at the beautiful Silver Lake Country Club in Orland Park. Enjoy games, contests, excellent food, networking and post-golf festivities at this popular event. ISPA & SAA members, non-members and potential event sponsors are encouraged to reserve space early. Purchase your foursome today!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS INCLUDING TIMES:
- 8:00 am Registration
- Breakfast Buffet
- 9:00 am Shotgun Start
- Barbecue lunch buffet cooked and served on the courses
- 2:30 pm One-hour cocktail reception, Grilled Steak/Chicken Dinner Buffet, Awards and Raffles
For information on sponsorship availability, click on link above.
Register now and remember to invite your peers, colleagues, friends and family to play.
Direct all questions to the following:
Illinois Security Professionals Association:
Dennis Gano, CAE - Executive Director
Phone: (224) 333-1622
Email: Dennis Gano, CAE
Special Agents Association
Email: Jill Longmire
July 2019 Back to Top
August 2019 Back to Top
Senior Vice President of Consultation Services
P4 Security Solutions LLC
Planning is the key to success, and organizations that disregard Emergency Operations Plans are setting themselves up for failure when an emergency situation occurs. Having a plan in place, however, is worthless unless personnel are trained in the plan and in their response to emergencies.
There are two ways to conduct an exercise of an Emergency Operations Plan- “Operations-Based” or “Discussion-Based” exercises. “Operations-Based” are when the Crisis Management Team actually acts out their response to the emergency. These are very expensive, time-consuming, and involve a host of people.
“Discussion-Based” exercises, commonly referred to as “Tabletop Exercises” allow the Crisis Management Team to address scenarios in a roundtable or “tabletop” format. These exercises occur at a controlled, as opposed to an event-driven pace, which can become overwhelming without adequate practice.
This program will discuss how to design a “Tabletop” exercise, including:
· Needs Assessment
· Defining the Scope
· Developing a Purpose and Objectives
· Building Scenarios and Determining Major and Detailed Events
· Development of Discussion Questions
· Exercise Development Suggestions
· Examples of actual Tabletop Exercise will be Discussed
Registration is required. to register, click on the link below.
through August 2 - $45 -- August 3 and after - $55
through August 2 - $55 - August 3 and after - $65
September 2019 Back to Top
Global Security Exchange
Registration Opens In Febraury
Come Visit ISPA in Booth 186
Join the GSX mailing list
October 2019 Back to Top
December 2019 Back to Top
Award nominations open, March 1, 2019. Nominations must be received by Monday, September 2, 2019, to be considered for award recognition.
Direct all questions regarding the ISPA Awards Gala to Dennis Gano, CAE at (224) 333-1622 or via email: Gala Inquiry.