If you are like most people who belong to various associations, the private security profession has given you a lot. Now it is time for you to give back to your profession. To find out if you have the time, experience and expertise to be an Illinois Security Professionals Association volunteer, check out our frequently asked questions:
- What makes an effective Illinois Security Professionals Association volunteer?
- What does the Illinois Security Professionals Association expect from its volunteers?
- What is the time commitment required?
What Makes an Effective Illinois Security Professionals Association Volunteer?
Volunteers should have:
- Knowledge relevant to the committee or task force.
- A dedication to furthering the Illinois Security Professionals Association's mission.
- A desire to develop personal leadership expertise.
- A willingness to learn from others.
- A positive attitude and a high degree of flexibility.
- A passion for innovation and new ideas.
- A commitment to the volunteer-staff partnership.
What Does the Illinois Security Professionals Association Expect from its Volunteers?
- Be a member of the Illinois Security Professionals Association.
- Commit to participating actively in all regularly scheduled meetings or conference calls.
- Attend and promote association events related to their group's purpose.
- Notify ISPA staff when they are not able to attend meetings.
- Act as an ambassador for the Illinois Security Professionals Association in the private security community.
What is the Time Commitment?
- Committees are year-round groups with ongoing responsibilities. The number of meetings for a given committee/task force is determined by the specific project or event the group is working on. Committee members can participate in committee meetings via conference call if needed.
- Task forces often have program-specific roles and thus may not met year-round. These types of groups will meet once or twice maximum over a two or three month period. The goal is quick,efficient and effective use of volunteer time.
Apply to volunteer for a committee: Committee Application.