It is not enough for us to serve the private security community. At the Illinois Security Professionals Association®, we also strive to involve private security professionals and we have many opportunities designed to do just that.
Since ISPA is a member-based association, we need private security professionals and supplier partner volunteers. In exchange for your time and support, you will develop leadership skills and enhance your network, benefiting you both professionally and personally. Volunteering is just as easy as it is rewarding.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Contribute to industry and organizational issues
- Exercise new leadership, team building and communication skills
- Network intimately with industry experts and thought leaders
- Engage fellow ISPA members in meaningful dialogue
- Design "By Members, for Members" professional programming
- Work collaboratively in order to foster a spirit of innovation and creativity
- Learn from many diverse people and viewpoints
- Contribute first hand to knowledge creation
The 2020 Call for Volunteers is now open.
- Preview the list of "Volunteer Opportunities" listed below.
- When you are ready to volunteer, click on the specific committee and click the "Apply to" link.
- Thank you for volunteering, it is as simple as that.
If you do not see something that interests you, come back often as new volunteer opportunities always open up. Committee terms are for one year with a maximum term of three years. The ISPA Call for Volunteers opens in the fourth quarter of the year with terms commencing on the first working day of the next year.
Annual Awards Gala Advisory Group
The primary focus of the Awards Gala Advisory Group is to plan and execute table sales and generate sponsorship revenue for the event. The advisory group may also assist staff with the event planning and organization. The Awards Gala, an annual I.S.P.A. signature event, features the recognition of award recipients who have distinguished themselves in the performance of their respective duties, in addition to honoring the recipients of the Lindberg Bell Security Executive of the Year and the Laurence P. Mulcrone Lifetime Achievement awards. Apply to the 2020 Awards Gala Advisory Group.
Education Forum Series Advisory Group
This Advisory Group supports ISPA in serving those professionals in the private security community. Among other projects, this Advisory Group will:
- Identify topics and speakers for the 2020 Educational Forum Series programs
- Develop topical webinars for our peers/colleagues throughout the year
- Facilitate the development of articles that will populate the ISPA electronic newsletter and be used in the ISPA website
- Advise the leadership of ISPA via the Executive Director on pertinent developments in the private security profession
Annual Golf Classic Committee
Cox Auto, Inc.
The stated purpose of the Golf Classic Committee is to focus on strategy and execution of generating sponsorship revenues for the golf outing, as well as engaging members and non-members to attend.
Apply to the 2020 Annual Golf classic Committee.
David Pack Sr.
The stated purpose of the Legislative Committee is to:
- Review local and State legislation of significance to ISPA and the private security community and determine action plans and proposals to present to the ISPA Board of Directors for discussion and adoption.
- Assist ISPA on legislative initiatives developing at the local and State levels.
- Proactively further the interests of ISPA from an advocacy perspective.
- Identify and monitor proposed legislation and regulatory changes.
- Evaluate the impact ofproposed actions from the local and State levels on the private security industry.
- Formulate ISPA's annual legislative agenda for approval by the Board of Directors.
Membership on the Legislative Committee is available to any member of ISPA in good standing.
Member Services Committee
About this Committee
- Composition: Shall have Regular or Industry Partner members in good standing.
- Job: The committee shall plan and implement membership recruitment and retention programs.
This Committee also assists with other projects as requested. The Committee
assists with event planning, and creating programs that promote private security as
- Meetings: The Committee shall meet as needed when notified by either the Committee Chair
or the I.S.P.A. Executive Director. Most meetings will be held via conference call.
Public/Private Liaison Committee
Paul Ohm CPP
P4 Security Solutions
The stated purpose of the Public/Private Liaison Committee is to serve as the interface between the Illinois Security Professionals Association (ISPA) and the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police (ILACP).
Apply to the 2020 Public/Private Liaison Committee.