It is not enough for us to serve the private security community. At the Illinois Security Professionals Association, we also strive to involve private security professionals and we have many opportunities designed to do just that.
Since ISPA is a member-based association, we need private security professionals and supplier partner volunteers. In exchange for your time and support, you will develop leadership skills and enhance your network, benefiting you both professionally and personally. Volunteering is just as easy as it is rewarding.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Contribute to industry and organizational issues
- Exercise new leadership, team building and communication skills
- Network intimately with industry experts and thought leaders
- Engage fellow ISPA members in meaningful dialogue
- Design "By Members, for Members" professional programming
- Work collaboratively in order to foster a spirit of innovation and creativity
- Learn from many diverse people and viewpoints
- Contribute first hand to knowledge creation
The 2018/2019 Call for Volunteers is now open.
- Preview the list of "Volunteer Opportunities" listed below.
- When you are ready to volunteer, click on the specific committee and click the "Apply to" link.
- Thank you for volunteering, it is as simple as that.
If you do not see something that interests you, come back often as new volunteer opportunities always open up. Committee terms are for one year with a maximum term of three years. The ISPA Call for Volunteers opens in the fourth quarter of the year with terms commencing on the first working day of the next year.
Annual Awards Gala Steering Committee
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital Chicago
The Annual Awards advises and assists ISPA with administering the Awards Gala program that recognizes excellence in performance of one's duties during the Award year. The Committee is to assist ISPA leadership with planning and organizing for the event, soliciting nominations and sponsorships. This program recognizes those individuals who have demonstrated outstanding dedication and performance in the fields of Private Security, Law Enforcement, Fire Life Safety, Homeland Security and Emergency Management. A secondary focus is on the strategy and execution of generating sponsorship revenues for the event, as well as engaging members and non-members to attend.
Apply to the 2018/2019 Annual Awards Steering Committee.
Education Forum Series Advisory Group
This Advisory Group supports ISPA in serving those professionals in the private security community. Among other projects, this Advisory Group will:
- Identify topics and speakers for the 2019 Educational Forum Series programs
- Develop topical webinars for our peers/colleagues throughout the year
- Facilitate the development of articles that will populate the ISPA electronic newsletter and be used in the ISPA website
- Advise the leadership of ISPA via the Executive Director on pertinent developments in the private security profession
Annual Golf Classic Organizing Committee
Cox Auto, Inc.
The stated purpose of the Golf Classic Organizing Committee is to focus on strategy and execution of generating sponsorship revenues for the golf outing, as well as engaging members and non-members to attend.
Apply to the 2018/2019 Annual Golf classic Organizing Committee.
Public/Private Liaison Committee
Paul Ohm CPP
P4 Security Solutions
The stated purpose of the Public/Private Liaison Committee is to serve as the interface between the Illinois Security Professionals Association (ISPA) and the Illinois Association of Chiefs of Police (ILACP).
Apply to the 2018/2019 Public/Private Liaison Committee.