What criteria will the nominating committee use to select board candidates?
The only requirement for board candidates is that they are a member in good standing of the Illinois Security Professionals Association. Assuming they meet the stated membership requirements, the Nominating Committee will evaluate candidates based on their background, including their credentials, past leadership experience and association tenure, their ISPA experience including their past involvement in ISPA programs and committees, along with their communication skills and leadership style.
Since potential candidates do not always know what the committee looks for in a bard member, the Nominating Committee has made its selection criteria very clear, There are four items:
- Do you have previous board experience?
- ISPA experience:
- How long have you been a member of ISPA and what activities have you been involved in?
- Personal characteristics:
- Are you easy to approach? Are you visionary and strategic? Are you ethical? Because a part of your responsibility as a board member is to be a role model, we want to see that you have leadership qualities.
- Your commitment to active leadership:
- In addition to our 6 regularly scheduled board meetings, (January, March, May, July, September, November), will you attend the Annual Awards/Honors Gala, programs offered through the Educational Forum Series and other events during the year as they arise?